Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home again, home again.

We're moving! After five fabulous years in Houston, Tommy has accepted a job in North East Texas working in commercial construction. He will start in May. So that we can get the house on the market and keep me sane, the kids and I will be leaving sooner. We will miss our Houston friends greatly but are already making plans to come back to visit! We have begun our search for a house and hope to have a permanent place to get settled into soon. I have already contacted the homeschool group to get information about their co-op and will get Dade back in AWANA as soon as we get there. He is sad about leaving his friends so I think getting around other kids quickly might help him transition more smoothly. Of course we have lots of cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents who are there to welcome us 'home.'

5 comments:

  1. There's no place like home....and the piney woods!! So happy for you! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet friend, we are going to miss you greatly, but I know the Lord has great plans for you!
    I look forward to keeping up with your precious family in the blog world!
    Thank you for being such a GREAT friend to me and my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss having you right down the street! Maybe when we take trips to Palestine we can meet up in between. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! We moved back "home" 2 years ago. It's so hard to leave friends and a place you love...but it's wonderful to be near family again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you will be living at "home" again near your family! It was great getting to know you this past year! I will miss you and Ashley will miss her buddies Luke and Dade! Best wishes to you and your family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete